At Value Dental Centers Chandler, we know that serious dental problems can occur at any time. Toothaches can arise without warning, and accidents can seriously damage your teeth. When these problems occur, it can be both painful and frightening. Fortunately, we offer outstanding emergency dentistry at our Chandler, AZ office. We will do everything possible to alleviate discomfort and save your smile. In many cases, we can get you in for a same-day appointment, even after business hours. Plus, over our after-hours phone line, we will provide tips to help you care for your teeth before you come into the office. With our effective and time-sensitive care, we can reduce dental damage and save your smile.
Why Choose Value Dental Centers for Your Emergency Care?
When you are experiencing a dental emergency, you should receive treatment as soon as possible. For this reason, our emergency team is ready to help you whenever your dental emergency occurs. We have an on-call emergency dentist at all times, even on evenings, weekends, and holidays. Frequently, we can schedule an appointment on the day of your emergency.
In addition, our dentists have years of experience. Therefore, they understand the most effective, conservative, and minimal discomfort procedures for a wide range of dental emergencies. At our office, we also use advanced technology, such as laser cavity detection and in-office milling machines. With these devices, we can provide more efficient diagnoses and treatments.
Emergencies Treated in Chandler
Our dentists treat a full range of dental emergencies. After evaluating the extent and severity of your condition, we can recommend the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Toothache: One of the most frequent dental emergencies, toothaches can occur for many reasons. Cavities and dental infection are two of the most common causes. If you have a toothache for either of these reasons, we may recommend a filling or root canal therapy, respectively. Other treatments can include dental crowns and extraction.
- Knocked-out tooth: In some cases, we can replace your own natural tooth, depending on how it came out and how you care for it immediately after the accident. If this is not possible, we can recommend a suitable dental restoration, such as a traditional or implant-supported bridge.
- Chipped or broken tooth: Often, we can bond a broken piece back onto your tooth with composite resin. In cases of severe damage, we may place a dental crown.
- Lost crown or filling: Usually, we can replace these restorations, often with newer, more durable, and more realistic versions.
What to Do in Case of an Emergency
We provide excellent treatment in the office. Nevertheless, when you care for your teeth properly at home, it can minimize damage and increase the likelihood of treatment success.
- When you have a toothache, you can use anti-inflammatory medications and cold compresses to reduce discomfort. You may also want to modify your diet, cutting out very hot or cold foods, as well as high amounts of sugar.
- To save a knocked out tooth, pick it up by the crown without touching the roots. After gently rinsing the tooth, place it back in the socket and lightly bite down to keep in place. If you cannot do this, store the tooth in water, milk, saliva, or a saline solution. You should follow similar protocol for a broken tooth.
- If you have a lost filling, you can use dental cement to seal your tooth before your appointment. Of course, this is a temporary measure, but it can greatly reduce your discomfort. Similarly, you can use cement, found at your local drugstore, to keep a missing crown in place.